Sunday, February 17, 2013

just don't drop it in the sink...

Spending time with Blair and her fiance, Keri has opened me up to some much random new information. For example, last night we were discussing what we'd like to happen to our remains after we die. Keri said, "I would like to be a jewel."

While researching how to have her beloved cat cremated, Keri discovered that there are companies that turn animal/human ashes and hair into "diamonds" which can then be worn as jewelry.

"What a lovely necklace."

"Thank you. Remember Stan? Well..."

lifegem.com
Please spend the rest of your day exploring Life Gem. I'm serious. Go look at it, select the color of your stone, and jewelry setting. Turning Stan into a diamond will run you about $2,000, and another $1-2K to put him in a lovely ring or necklace.

For the record, I would like to be a "Colorless Life Gem" and you can wear me in the 14k Gold Cathedral Style with accent diamonds. You don't necessarily "need" Stan to be dead to wear him as bling. Life Gem will turn hair (about as much as comes off during a haircut) into a gem. Or, if your beloved is deceased which seems to be the bulk of their business, Life Gem will need 1 cup (as in a cup of flour) of Stan, mailed in a sealed plastic bag and shipped "as you would ship any valuable item."

Please go explore the website, click on everything because it all FASCINATING, and then leave your favorite quotes in the comments. The testimonial section is pretty great. Here are ones I noted:

"...thanks to you and LifeGem, I’m able to feel something besides the sorrow, loneliness, and fear that have been with me since he died."

 "I had earrings made out of two of the princess cut diamonds and have been offered money for them...my come back is you cant afford them..they are worth more then you could ever pay me."

 And then, in the section called, "Clarity": "As one of our clients said about her husband, 'He was perfect, yet certainly not flawless. I wouldn’t expect his LifeGem to be without flaws either.'"

If your first husband died, you can LITERALLY wear him on the wedding ring to your second. This is assuming they don't mix up the ashes with someone else's. How would you know? You wouldn't. You could be wearing someone's cat. It's just the risk one takes when turning their loved one into an accessory...

1 comment:

Eric Kauschen said...

I've had plans to become a diamond after death™ for sometime now. Why get dumped in the ground or burned up and put in a jar when you can be passed down for generations as a jewel.