Thursday, August 23, 2012

who says print is dead...

As an internet nerd, I get really upset when OLD PEOPLE at obligatory family functions get all confused and bewildered, "Now, explain this to me again. Where can I read your work? On a cellular phone?"
I want to scream, "You are dying and you don't understand how things work anymore!"
But I went to the 7x7 Magazine party last night (at Neiman Marcus. Boom.) to celebrate the launch of the September fashion issue. And my first print article in ON PAGE 90. I just stared and stared at it and kept thinking, "I wrote these words. I wrote them on my laptop at home. And now it is in a magazine, all edited and glossy and stylized. AMAZING."
I am pretty excited. And very grateful to Brock for recommending me for this gig, Eve for giving me tons of advice and help, and to 7x7 for letting me write an article that contains the names Getty, Traina, and Tommy Lee Jones. Pick up the September issue! (Or I'll just link when it's online. And you can read it on your cellular phone...)

3 comments:

Hobo Aficionado Magazine said...

Congratulations!

Clair said...

That's the best feeling ever, and it never gets old. Congrats, Beth!

Seana said...

Sqweeeeeeeeeeeeeee! That is so exciting. Congratulations Beth!