Wednesday, August 01, 2012

i'm the creepy guy in the arcade...

Monday's Tourist Trapped is up! Melissa and I spent a morning at Malibu Grand Prix "amusement park" and ... the manager grew concerned. Read it now, over at SFGate.

And today's Culture Blog takes a look at the many, many Facebook pages of SF's candidates for Supervisor. It too, is up on SFGate.

This past weekend was BFF bonding weekend at Dinah's Garden Hotel, where Mel and I sat by the pool, shopped Stanford Mall, and ate prepared salads in bed while watching the Olympics. I think it is fair to say that we have Olympic Fever. At least we do when we're watching it.

There's so many complicated rules and semi-finals and questions, that I mainly shouted out questions while Melissa looked them up on her iPad. The rules of men's gymnastics, and who gets to compete in what event was a little overwhelming for dumb old me, because I was still hung up on, "Wait, how do you even get on an Olympic Team in the first place? Who decides?"

That said, and I feel bad about this, I'm pretty sick of Michael Phelps...

2 comments:

Whac-A-Mole said...

Then Eric looked me dead in the eye, as if we had a gentleman’s agreement there’d be nothing untoward, and said, “Okay.”

I would regard “Are you (another big pause) looking for group activities?” as untoward. I believe Jerry Sandusky favored that same question.

Seana said...

I'm actually liking Michael Phelps more now than before the Olympics started. He is well spoken and not the complete A-hole I assumed. I love gymnastics, but I am surprisingly fascinated by the Misty May-Trainor, Kari Walsh-Jennings bonanza. I love them and their little bikinis!