Wednesday, April 11, 2012

everyone just needs to shut up and sit down...

Speaking of traveling, today's SFGate Culture Blog recounts some odd behavior on my flight home from Texas. Not entirely unsympathetic, I once has very weird reaction to over-the-counter drugs in the middle of a 12-hour flight. I understand that shit happens midair. But lately it seems like folks have been waiting until 35,000 feet to let their weirdness shine.
My cousin Kate was once the cause of some air rage when one stranger dropped a camera on her head and another stranger decided to defend her honor. What, I am very curious, is the weirst thing you've seen while flying through the heavens...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I just found out my brother, who takes his early morning flights after not sleeping at all the night before and by his own admission is, "Not hungover cuz I'm still drunk!" (Yeah, I'm convinced I'm adopted), FAINTED on his flight from SFO-NYC a few weeks ago. They gave him oxygen and he was fine and they sent him on his way but seriously?

I had a guy faint on my flight a couple years ago from New Orleans to LAS. He face planted in the middle of the aisle on his way to the bathroom. This wouldn't have been a big deal except that I was sitting near some of his colleagues so I figured out that they were all doctors, actual honest to god MDs, headed to a conference in Vegas. In emergency medicine. Fainting from booze on a flight. If you need emergency surgery in N.O.: reconsider.

blair said...

William Hung sang SHE BANG for us, the captive audience.