Wednesday, April 18, 2012

eve suggests han sup shin as the sidekick...

Let's be honest. We've all been feeling like something's been missing in our lives for months now. I couldn't put my finger on it, until Eve forwarded me a press release this morning.
Get ready to be fulfilled everyone!
Current TV is launching "The Gavin Newsom Show."
Yes. Gavin Newsom will get a 1-hour TV show on Current TV. It will start next month.
Hold on. It gets better.

"The hour-long talk show will have a decidedly California touch as Newsom interviews notables from Silicon Valley, Hollywood and beyond."

He's going to interview celebrities!
I would like to respectfully request Gavin book the following guests:

1. OctoMom
2. Dr. Phil
3. OJ Simpson (via Skype, or whatever since he's in the pokey)
4. Some kind of zoo keeper with animal

I am obviously picturing a late-night format. I'm sure Gavin wants to go all Charlie Rose, high-brow, but Current is home to some exciting programming, including "Hooked on Danger," "Kill It, Cook It, and Eat It," and "Cooking In The Danger Zone." Obviously, there needs to be some sort of "danger element." Oh, and make-overs! Tony Hall could be the bandleader. God, I have so many ideas. I should do a Culture Blog post on this, so please send me your brilliant "The Gavin Newsom Show" ideas and we'll do a big post of "suggestions."

Man. The Gavin Newsom Show. I am grinning from ear to ear...

2 comments:

Greg said...

it has to use the word "extreme" in the title somewhere and he has to do things like interview larry ellison while bungee jumping somewhere, or hang gliding over a volcano.

the show also needs a zany sidekick, and he has to do the robot when the guest band plays.

Anonymous said...

Zany sidekick? Hmmm. What do you think, Beth.....
(u.t.)