Wednesday, September 14, 2011

this all happened in novato, of course...

All four members of the Spotswood Family are riled up about this article in which it would appear a woman buried her husband underneath a barbeque and we're all just supposed to act like it's no big deal. If I may:

"The body of Dale Smith, 74, was found Feb. 23 buried at least 4 feet beneath the patio of the home he shared with his wife, Evelyn Smith, 55, investigators said."

The article goes on to say, "Evelyn Smith never reported her husband missing. A neighbor alerted police that he was missing and then Evelyn Smith's attorneys gave the FBI permission to search the backyard."

Evelyn's attorney, a Mr. Hugh Levine, said his client "has been under the microscope for many months now, and I think it would be - without trying to be flippant about it - just good to bury this whole episode."

I like how the lawyer's like, "All joking aside folks, give Evelyn a break. So what, her husband ended up buried in the backyard. Don't worry about it." That is one hell of a lawyer. "Relax, everyone. Chill out. Calm down. What's the big deal? He was old. Weird shit happens. Anyway..."

My mother, calling to discuss SEVERAL local crimes she's choosing to follow, noted that if she goes missing and my father's very blasse about the whole thing, "Oh mom? She went away for the weekend with Irene. I don't know when she's coming back. How about those Giants?" then I am to further investigate. Which obviously I would. Not only do I love my mother very much, but I would really like to be a citizen vigilante, hounding the local cops and getting to the bottom of a mystery with my gumption....

Also, today's Culture Blog is up! Wacky political photos by Bill Wilson with goofy captions from yours truly. Happy Hump Day.

1 comment:

Lt. Joe Bookman said...

Your father doesn't have any pairs of shoes like these in the back of his closet, does he?
Never forget.