Thursday, August 11, 2011

i'll just pretend i'm winking...

Is it just me, or is this the longest week in the history of the world. How is it not October already? I feel like I've been through so much! Anyway, tonight is Mayor Ed Lee's second mayoral debate ever. I suspect there will be a big crowd of people who thought to themselves, "Wait. Shit hit the crazy fan at Monday's debate? Oh, I'm going!"
If you're coming in person (insert joke), you can RSVP here.
If you're watching online (advised) you get the added bonus of web-only commentary from Pollo Del Mar and me. We'll be Joan and Melissa-ing the debate, as Melissa moderates. Pollo and I will be off in a side room offering snide and entertaining observations before, after and during the breaks to keep you basement nerds from changing the channel.
Tune in Here to watch LIVE.
Please be warned, Tony Hall is not participating in this debate. I know. I'm bummed too.

Since you were all so kind in voting in that 7x7 thing, here's an update: I have completely changed my entire lifestyle after scheduling my first professional photo shoot ever. Yesterday, I had my eyebrows re-designed. Naturally, this has resulted in disaster. I woke up this morning looking like Sloth from Goonies, one eyelid "completely" swollen.
I already did my interview, none of which I remember. Actually, that's not true. At one point, I heard the words "Gavin Newsom" and "our relationship" escape my mouth. I also went on a long embarrassing rant about how I'm a late bloomer.
All I know is that someone is taking my picture sometime and somewhere next Friday. I have no idea what I'm supposed to wear or if I need to arrive fully made-up. Obviously, I would love to discuss my high-production-value photo concepts with the photographer, but I'm trying to play it cool. They might just shove me in front of a mugshot height-chart and click.
Which, now that I think about it, sounds pretty awesome...

1 comment:

May I offer a suggestion said...

Instead of the pounding music of a Latvian discotheque while a Eurotrash photographer takes your picture, which, if movies and television have taught me anything, is how every professional photo shoot happens, perhaps you should bring a little Tony Hall and The Hallmarks with you? His dulcet tones will set just the right atmosphere.

Also, heed the lesson of Arnold and Dudley at the hands of Arthur Carlson. It was a two-parter!