Monday, August 08, 2011

tourist trapped at chris' joynt...

If anyone asks you if you have "a case of the Mondays" today, you have my permission to punch their lights out. That holds up in court, by the way.
Today's Tourist Trapped involves Big Chris not buying me dinner at Tommy's Joynt, providing me with Reason 635 why my mother can relax because I will never marry Big Chris: He can't drop $5.60 on me. I stood at the register holding OUR trays of food with a ravenous line pushing up behind me, and he announces, "We're paying separately." So I have to dig through my bag to pull out a fucking five dollar bill and change. Chris is a government employee, by the way.
Anyway, Tourist Trapped: Tommy's Joynt is up now on SFGate.
Ed Lee is running for mayor (duh). But now that he's a candidate, he's got to show up at forums and debates, starting IMMEDIATELY. Ed makes his debut in my favorite San Francisco venue, the Castro Theater at a neighborhood forum tonight. Doors open at 6, it starts at 7. I'm wearing plaid so I should really run home to change. It's a whole thing. SFist even quoted me about it, I'm so psyched to see the Lee shit hit the Chiu fan.
If you aren't into tonight but are still in the mood for something Mayor-y this week, Melissa is moderating a debate on Thursday night. And provided the technical issues get worked out, Pollo Del Mar and I will be doing live commentary for the web audience viewing at home on the Huffington Post San Francisco. The last time we did this was a year ago, and shit got weird:

Viva La Libertie!

1 comment:

Incredulous said...

I stood at the register holding OUR trays of food with a ravenous line pushing up behind me, and he announces, "We're paying separately."

I know Big Chris doesn't read the blurb, but Come On! /Gob