Wednesday, July 20, 2011

drop it like it's hot...

Hey, um, no big thing or anything.
I just won 7x7 Hot 20 Under 40 Reader's Choice Award. Whatever.

LIES! These are LIES!

I am so fucking psyched, you guys. Thank you so much for all of your patient voting and hiding your eyerolls from me. I really appreciate it. I've been refreshing the site all day at work, making Eve distract me by sending me high school photos of herself. Then Melissa called me and I could tell by her voice. Bitch is pretty cool, but she was like, "Have you seen it?"
"No, I'm not looking."
"You won."
"What?"
"You won." She was breathless, dead serious. It's a tone I rarely hear. So I hung up on her and called my mom.
ANYway...I'm really excited. I get a fancy photo shoot and more importantly, this is a huge middle finger to everyone who was a whore to me in high school. So thank you. I'm really, really happy! Also, they used a really weird picture of me on the website. Yay!

If I may quote 7x7, "Beth will be featured in a spread in October's 2011 Hot 20 issue."

I've read that like, 734,894 times...


Pictured above: The BS Campaign Team (Max, Mel and Rich)

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Yay Beth! I'm so happy for you!

Greg said...

I'm glad you won! as part of Team Spotwsood I was happy to Tweet the link to the vote and vote early and often!

A fan said...

Congratulations! You and that blue fish are going places, I tell you.

Please report on any well wishes received from the Lt. Governor and if I may be so bold, I do believe this honor may win you an audience with the lovely Ms. Denise Hale.

Clair said...

That's fucking awesome. Congrats, Beth!

sfmike said...

Well, I guess that means we can all die happy now.

Jack G said...

Way to go Beth. Can I apply to be a part of Team Spotswood? What is in it FOR ME?

Beth Spotswood said...

Thanks so much friends! I have a new respect for how fucking hard it is to get people to vote for you. Jesus!

xxoo