Thursday, June 23, 2011

do you take kate to be your cwife...

E-gads! I forgot to post yesterday's Culture Blog, which involves my attending a party for concierges. Obviously. What else would it be about?
Also, the Feds finally captured reputed mobster Whitey Bulger. As I am fascinated by all things from South Boston (mainly the accents and anything related to Wahlbergs or Afflecks), I've been reading about Whitey for years. Did you know he is a war history buff and went Whitey went on the lam, the FBI looked for him at the D-Day beaches? (I did.)
If I was a (reputed) mob figure disappearing so I could evade capture, my first thought wouldn't be, "I'd sure like to visit Gettysburg."
Finally, Kate had to go on a family cruise and she hung out with her cousin Mike the whole time. Her great aunt remarked that it's too bad they're related, because Kate and Mike are "so terrific together." Thankfully, I am well versed in the New York Times reporting on CUSBANDS and could not be more encouraging of this blossoming relationship. Why? Because my maid of honor speech just wrote itself. (Which side will you be sitting on? Oh, both? Of course. Kate and Mike managed to avoid the awkward meeting of the parents, because they're parents have known each other for 60 years...)
This is a picture of me with Kate's cusband. I think they're avoiding having their picture taken together, lest the great-aunt get any ideas. So I'm tossing me in there because 1) Brock has pointed out that if we ever committed a crime and they wanted to catch us, all the cops would have to do is post a photo of us somewhere and we'd come to stare at it and 2) once, someone told me that this dress was "too much." Fuck them. It's Spring.
Welcome to the family, Mike! Oh wait. You're already in it...

3 comments:

Tim Gunn said...

too much ?! that's pizazz, yo.

TK said...

I know I already said this on SFist, but Whitey Bulger was always my favorite fugitive. I remember seeing him on America's Most Wanted like 15 years ago. Every time I go to Ireland I would always like keep a sharp lookout for him. And he was in fucking LA the whole time? Lame.

Anonymous said...

Is this the same "Cousin kate" that went with you to Hooters to meet the Amazing race goths?

If so she doesn't need to settle on her 1st cousin. She is adorable and any man would be lucky to have her!