Wednesday, April 13, 2011

the killing is killing it...

AMC is currently beating Bravo as the greatest television station ever (although I don't have OWN and am pretty sure if I had the Oprah Winfrey Network, I would never leave my house except when The Color Purple was on. So everyday, from 6-9pm.)
Last night I watched the re-broadcast of the 2-hour premiere of The Killing.
WHO IS WATCHING THIS AND DO YOU WANT TO HANG OUT AND TALK ABOUT IT?
They roped me in with the insanely fucked up commercials, aired during the timeless American Movie Class "Speed" which was on before The Killing. Basically, it's this girl running through the woods screaming for help while the beam of a flashlight chases her. And it takes place in dreary Seattle, which is wonderfully creepy. My only issues are:
1. A tomboy, unemotional, strong and silent, red-headed lady cop? Come on.
2. It's her last day on the job? It's always their last day on the job. See Se7en.
That's it. The rest of it is amazing, especially "Scully's" hilarious partner and the dead girl's parents, one of whom is Michelle "It makes you look like a schmuck" Forbes. In my very nerdy character actors doing a creepy murder TV show world, The Killing is pretty exciting.
As we all prefer, you can even watch online...

1 comment:

TK said...

Of course I'm watching it.

So far, I love it. The male cop, whatever his name is, is so awesome with his Eminem whigga accent and droopy eyes. The chick is a bit flat. And when's the last time a mayor's race had anything like that kind of interest? I mean, come on.

But yeah, it's pretty great.