Tuesday, February 08, 2011

move along, hermione granger...

Driving to work this morning, traffic ahead of me at the intersection of Broadway and Polk slowed to let what appeared to be a cross-dressing homeless person wander down the middle of the street waving a wand in the air. As I got closer, I could see that... she had lipstick smeared all over her face and her long, stringy hair was flying around in the wind.
Cautiously, I tried to pass, and as I did so, this vixen looked right at me, waved her wand in my direction, beamed with her crazy eyes and appeared to PUT A SPELL ON ME.
While I wasn't willing to engage my fellow San Franciscan in a conversation about with the hell just happened, I'm highly curious to know WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED.
Was this a bad spell? A good spell? Will I grow a tail? Should I be kissing any frogs? Do spells even work? Can I counteract this spell? Do I even want to? Maybe I should embrace it. Maybe she put a spell on everyone that drove by. Maybe it was a 'Have a great day!' spell. Most likely, it was a 'I bet this really freaks you out' spell.
In which case, magic accomplished...

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Ever see the "Tinsel Man"? Back when the panhandlers were still allowed in the median on Van Ness, I would see Tinsel Man every day. He was tall and skinny with a nest of hair and beard that he decorated by weaving Christmas tinsel through it. Most of the time he was super angry and shouty, an interesting contrast to his festive hair accessories. He would holler weird stuff at me all the time and I would take it to heart, or believe he'd cursed me. Once he yelled, "I SHIT ON YOUR CHEESEBURGER!" and I swear I couldn't eat a cheeseburger for months. I choose to believe Hermione did you a solid and you'll meet a handsome prince or discover you're a wizardette in the near future.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua2k52n_Bvw&feature=related

tp