Monday, January 31, 2011

i literally almost died last night, just to mock a chain restaurant...

Two people were shot to death last night at 8:20pm next door to Joe's Crab Shack. Big Chris and I finished dinner last night at 8:15pm...at Joe's Crab Shack!
So basically, I risked my life to bring you and the readers of SFGate a tourist trap experience. Please enjoy it...

"I give my good friend Big Chris a hard time, but at moments like this, when he's willing to follow the weird guy at the next table into the men's toilet just to see what happens, I offer a silent prayer of thanks to the heavens."

5 comments:

Traci said...

So I have plans to go there for my birthday next month. Might rethink that after this review. Don't know if I can handle this much strange with my inlaws!

sfmike said...

The real question is whether this was your favorite "secret" counterfeit handbag place, or was it another one? I mean, you could have been in there getting a deal when all hell broke loose.

Beth Spotswood said...

I believe my secret place is involved. I almost went after dinner last night, but Big Chris wasn't wild about the idea, and I'd get a better deal going with my friend Catherine, who haggles in Mandarin.

No joke, I was really RIGHT THERE, debating it, pointing it out to Chris, etc., about 6 or 7 minutes before all hell broke lose.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever think that somewhere at one of these places, someone is watching you and Big Chris and making their own jdgements based on their observations?

Beth Spotswood said...

@Anonymous: I bet they do it at way more than ONE of these places. We're pretty weird.