Monday, May 31, 2010

snipets from a very long weekend...

Man Men returns to us on July 25th, and we need to start assigning duties because I suggest San Francisco shut down that night and we all gather to watch together, in respectful silence and awe.

I clicked on this article because it said, "Adidas hits back at criticism of World Cup ball." I should have known, when ball wasn't capitalized, they weren't talking about a black tie gala. They were talking about an actual soccer ball. Disappointing. Speaking of sports...

My father and brother are returning today from the Indianapolis 500, a trip my father won in a USF alumni raffle. Alex was texting me his observations yesterday morning, ("Lots of jean shorts!") and in the evening, when I got home from work, I looked online to make sure no domestic terrorism had occured at the Indianapolis 500. It had not. In fact, Dario Franchitti won the 500-mile race. I texted Alex, "Ashley Judd's husband won!" He immediately responded, "The Beth Spotswood perspective on the Indy 500." Alex also noted that I "could have written a book on the Marlboro Experience tent alone." That's got to be some world-class people watching.

I'm heading down to the Mill Valley Memorial Day Parade to work the after party. If you're in the hood, come by and say hello/watch me fall asleep in a public park.

Finally, I hope you all have a gorgeous day off. Tune in tomorrow where I'll fill you in on some big news for me and something that might be of mild interest to you. Gasp! What? Hmm....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are not leaving the non-profit on The Mountain ?

Roger Sterling said...

Perhaps SF can also gather to watch, in disgust and incredulity, this slice o' America?

DJTennessee said...

That's got to be some world-class people watching.

Want to see a gallery of amazing ones from 1979?

http://indianapolis.metromix.com/events/essay_photo_gallery/snakepit-photos/1967629/photo/1967621

Evidently jean shorts has been popular there for some time.

Anonymous said...

Maybe its also a nevernude convention?

Anonymous said...

By the way, they're called jorts.