Sunday, May 16, 2010

congratulations hastings...

In 2003, I was working with my father on his yearly election coverage in which he utilized some intern he found.
"Beth, you've got to meet this kid." My father said to me. "He's really something."
I had no idea, rolling my eyes at the notion of a 20-year old political groupie, that Chris would become one of the most important people in my life, a friend in the truest sense of the word who has shared with me in every triumph, every heartbreak and everything in-between for the last seven years.
And so while this post isn't particularly anecdotal or funny or interesting to anyone who doesn't know Hastings and thus care that today, he graduated from law school, it is profoundly important for me to say: Chris Fadeff, you are one of the best friends I've ever known. I love you and I'm proud of you in ways I will never be fully able to express. Congratulations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wisdom from the first 10 minutes of Troy: (1) The ancient Greeks were worried about eternity and being forgotten in time, so Achilles wanted eternal fame by making a difference, which he proves by killing the giant with a quick poke in the neck and winning a war single-handedly; (2) Boinking twins is worth oversleeping and missing the start of the war; (3) Paris and Helen do it and ruin the peace. Which of these applies to lawyers? Maybe all three.

sfmike said...

Congratulations, Mr. Hastings. I think you're cool too.