Sunday, January 10, 2010

what's a glen park...

Welcome to Hollywood North! Apparently, the best way to reach the people these days is through the YouTube. Yesterday, the Mayor couldn't stop batting his eyelashes and sending me telepathic brain wave messages via video, and today, District 8 Candidate Scott Wiener takes us to Glen Park!
First of all, for anyone out of town, D8 includes the Castro. I was just at a party with some LA gays and they said, "God, all of the gay people here are so political." Um, yeah. You're welcome. Needless to say, just about everyone running for D8 can't tell you they're gay quick enough. One of their upcoming debates actually has a talent portion, the greatest idea I've ever heard in my entire life, by the way. Presidential candidates should have to do that.
Second of all, do you remember Scott's first video? It looks like the beginning of a snuff film.
Finally, OMG SCOTT NOT BAD! Obviously, Scott's second try at this is leaps and bounds above his first. Sure, he shouldn't be hosting E! News Daily but I, for one, appreciate the effort.
Nice work not being (as) boring, S-Dub.
I hope the other candidates get cracking with those video cameras.
The only thing that could make the D8 more interesting is if Brian Kinney ran! But HERE is a fabulous rundown of all of the Supervisoral races this year by the Examiner's Joshua Sabatini. Drama abounds!
And obviously, I'll see you at the D8 talent show because that, I am positive, will make my fucking year...

*photo from Scott's Facebook, obviously.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, Beth. You're just a sucker for a halo. tp

DJTennessee said...

I hope the other candidates get cracking with those video cameras

Whereas I hope the other candidates already got cracking with those video cameras and Carrie Prejean!

Matt Stewart said...

Scott Penis won't win because of his name. And stop making him look good, Beth. You don't actually want him to win, do you?

Beth Spotswood said...

Matt, I think any effort on behalf of a condidate to be not boring should be recognized.
I also think you should not tell me what to do.
And finally, I'm not endorsing anyone for that race. I think Rebecca, Scott and Rafael are all really cool, friendly, nice people...

Matt Stewart said...

Hey Beth,

Sorry about that. Sometimes my sarcasm can slip into the arrogance category. And, though I wouldn't vote for him, I'm sure Scott is nice.