Tuesday, January 12, 2010

doh...

Yeah, I watched Gavin on the Simpson's special. I know. I know. It was weird.
"He truly is the most patronizing politician I've ever seen in my life. The corruption, the graft, the sexual escapades, the heavy drinking...It's just a typical day in the office!"
-Mayor Gavin Newsom on Springfield's Mayor Quimby
Please allow me to join the chorus of the obvious but what the fuck? Why even go there? Did he forget? Did it slip his mind?
Oh yeah! (forehead smack) I'm a womanizing drunk too!
It's not like these things are rumors. He stood before us and said, "All that shit is true, you guys."
I'm not touching the corruption and what the hell is graft? But Gavin very publicly sought treatment for alcohol addiction (as did I!) and, well, we all know he was a man whore.
I'm just saying, I know you're being interviewed about The Simpsons, Gavin, but try and steer the conversation towards Apu.
Sheesh...

3 comments:

The Monkey Bunch said...

Oh, Gavin. It's like watching a toddler stick a peanut up their nose after they've already been to the ER four times to have other peanuts removed.

Melissa Griffin said...

Graft is when you achieve a private gain because of your public office. Not as obvious as bribery, it is a fun kind of corruption that happens when, for example, people give politicians extravagant gifts.

Anonymous said...

He thought he was making fun of himself? And it didn't go over...