Sunday, January 24, 2010

coming up on this week's oprah...

I have so much to tell you, I feel like I need a post just to list the topics we'll be covering this week here, on the Appeal and in the Gate:
1. Saturday Night was a family Christmas Party. So, there's that.
2. I volunteered with my father serving lunch at a soup kitchen. There were tears. There were, of course, laughs.
3. I still haven't told you about jury duty.
4. There's a serial killer thing I'm a little obsessed with right now.
5. The Beth's (and Brock) filmed a new video covering the Master Chef Auditions in Union Square.
6. Last night, following the Family Christmas Party, I snuck in BY MYSELF BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD GO WITH ME to the Star Trek Convention Late Night Dessert Party at the St. Francis Hotel. I'll probably use this for The Gate, but really I should be on Oprah to tell this story, I find the experience so personally climactic. Below, please find one of the MANY videos I took, and note the woman at the very last second. You can hear her before you see her...

4 comments:

Greg said...

We went to the wrong room at first and musta missed you (and the pack) by about 15 minutes. We were in the Mission and saw Brock's tweet and thought it would be hilarious to crash said event as well...

Rebecca said...

Having just survived jury duty out here in Brooklyn I can't wait to hear about your experience in SF. Mine was a bizarre mix of incredibly ghetto and surprisingly high tech and efficient.

Anonymous said...

You are one brave woman!

Looking forward to seeing you at your birthday party!!!!!

Laura Guill said...

Oh man. I was so incredibly jealous of you when I saw that tweet about the Star Trek Rat Pack. If I'd only known!

Instead...I got my brother playing me Klingon rap videos from youtube.