Wednesday, December 02, 2009

who says gavin's not making appearances...

Note middle pink triangle's body language. Um, step away, Sheila.
I called dibs using that trick years ago.
Also, guy on the left has somewhere to be. After spending all of that time awkwardly working the t-shirt over his dress shirt, wiggling the sleeves into their correct position and adjusting his collar, he doesn't have time for Miss Thang to get denied.
Thumbs down.

Up top.
For as long as I'd admired the man, Gavin is a big fan of the white man's overbite.

"Um, excuse me Omar. If I could just....ugh."

Is that a goddamn mousepad? That's a fucking mousepad. How do you ask Gavin Newsom if you can please get a picture with him holding a mousepad? Actually, scratch that. Obviously it's very easy to get a photo with the Mayor holding a FOAM mousepad. The lady on the left is clearly disapproving with her facial WTF.

This is my friend Tom! Go Tom! I wonder if they're talking about me? "That broad is nuts, right?"

Try and stay mad at the guy. Just try. See if it sticks. Because at one point, somewhere long down the road, something like this is going to happen and you're going to be like,
"Damnit! He's sucked me back in!"

Who is the Rhodes Scholar that was in charge of the nametags? Honestly. You know Foster and Matt were like, "Really? So, we should just use this Sharpee and...oh. Okay."

This is my Christmas card.

Once again Supervisor David Campos smiles for the camera, somehow implying he's this 'Aww shucks' in person. He's not. You'd think you were meeting Rupert Murdock, trying to introduce yourself to this guy. It's called eye contact, Campos. Not that I'm holding a grudge.
(Gavin knows what I'm talkin' about.)
Am I alone here? Art Agnos...is kinda hot. What? WHAT? He IS.
Many thanks to the magnificent Bill Wilson for posting his masterpieces on the internet where anyone can find them...

7 comments:

Fenster said...

So, the "I'll Flip You. Flip You For Real" title has been retired? But, you're the number one result on Google for that phrase!

Spots said...

I think so. I'm playing around. Julie at Tangobaby is helping me redesign the banner to be all branded and shit, because as much as I love my day job, I need Vanity Fair to sweep in and hire ME, not a hooker with a'dysentery...

generic said...

Am I alone here? Art Agnos...is kinda hot.

It's just you. You know how I know?
THE PATTERN.
Long time readers of "I'll Flip You" know of your thing for mayors. Gavin was a good smokescreen because half the city (still) wants to ride him. But Willie Brown? Not so much. And now Art Agnos?
THE PATTERN, I say.
Don't hide your love for Frank Jordan, Spots. Bird's gotta fly, fish gotta swim.

Spots said...

Diane is more handsome than Frank, in my mayorally obsessed opinion...

Melissa said...

Your Christmas card made me laugh out loud! Love it!

Kate said...

Where do you think Gavin gets his nails done? Oh, to be a fly on that wall...

Natalie said...

Laughing my ass off at the triangle shirt brigade. That guy on the left - hilarious.