Thursday, December 10, 2009

oh, and the font color is red. big whoop...

When I was a teenager, sometimes the only way my mother and I were able to be in the same room together was to move the furniture around and redecorate. My father would come home and silently freak out. "He hates change" my mother would explain.
Well, I hope you don't feel the same way. I changed the colors and banner of my personal blog, which you've probably noticed unless you're blind and you have one of those computers that reads aloud.
Here's a brief explanation of the change, lest someone care:
1. Had I known when I picked the title of this blog, "I'll Flip You, Flip You For Real" that it would come to represent me for years, I would've chosen more carefully. It's a line from the Usual Suspects, and I've had to explin that to people for 5 years. So I went with my name because...
2. While I love my day job and my boss and my coworker, one day I dream of writing these little observations and experiences for, like, money. So this is my uber-sophisticated way of branding myself. It's just my name but at least Vanity Fair knows who to contact should they come to their senses.
3. The photo in my banner was taken and designed by my new friend, Julie Michelle of ilivehere:sf. Julie also contributes to Caliber and her own blog, Tangobaby. You should read her. And you should be a part of ilivehere:sf. I stumbled upon it, nervously and awkwardly sent an email and not only got some cool pictures taken of me, but got to know this fabulous and generous woman.
So there you go. My apologies to the late Fenster and Thomas J. Grasso for getting rid of them. They were stealing my thunder.
Speaking of which, I'm reading a story at tomorrow's Literary Death Match Holiday Party. It's free and at the Elbo Room in my hood. Beth H. and I are flying to Reno the next day IN A BLIZZARD to cover the Santa Crawl and go skiing with drunk Santas, so please come say goodbye before I no doubt die in a fiery, mountain-top accident. Should I survive the initial impact, I have no problem eating the bodies of the dead. None.
And now, back to our regular programming...

6 comments:

Kate said...

It looks great, Beth! I've no doubt that Vanity Fair will come a-knockin'. Seriously.

Be_Devine said...

Love the changes. I'll be first in line to buy the book when it comes out. See you tomorrow!

Donner Party said...

Should I survive the initial impact, I have no problem eating the bodies of the dead. None. Pack some snacks. Jim Stolpa didn't cannibalize his wife at the first opportunity.

Amused said...

I love the changes. It's beautiful! Good job with the branding!

tangobaby said...

Beth, I'm sitting here feeling all yucky because I still have this stupid cold, but reading this post makes me feel so much better! Thank you so much.

I'm thrilled to be included in your world. And very grateful for the wonderful mentions. Thank you.

Mosuqueton said...

Spots:

Real nice graphic job; classy, colorful, fresh and more important, you have a great smile in the picture.