Thursday, December 03, 2009

i take bribes...

Can you even read this? If not, it's a flier for the Board of Supervisors Holiday Bake Off and I'm one of the judges. I guess Frank Chu passed and North Beach Millie had plans. Needless to say, What. To. Wear? I started to get excited when Melissa called me this morning and casually mentioned, "Oh, those fliers up in City Hall are so cute!"
Fliers? What fliers? OMG, they have fliers?
Needless to say, one thought keeps dominating my day. Has Gavin seen this? Will Gavin be attending the Bake Off? Will he enter some non-denominational treat? Because let me tell you one thing right now. That man could slice off a log of Safeway Select cookie dough onto a used piece of aluminium foil and I'd present him with a James Beard Award.
Obviously, I'll be blogging the shit out of this event so stay tuned...

7 comments:

Kate said...

This is so exciting!

generic said...

Must. Not. Read. Spots. While. Drinking. Coffee.

Spit-takes: Bad for computer screens.

Rebecca said...

In the flyer it says that you are "lively and witting." What the hell is "witting"? I KNOW you're witty, but "witting?" I'm looking forward to reading your entre into food-writing.

Natalie said...

God, I can hardly wait.

sfmike said...

What Rebecca said. I've also never seen the word "wacky" spelled "whacky" before. Is that when you hit someone and it's adorably funny?

Actually, just looked it up and "whacky" is an acceptable variant spelling although obsolete. Beth, however, is never obsolete.

Spots said...

For the record, I did not write my little description. But I do find it very witting...

Katy said...

I blame Arthur Bruzzone's staff for the strange spellings ...although, Merriam-Webster indicate that "witting" exists!! :P

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4699565699711072967#