Tuesday, December 08, 2009

god's work...

I met someone this weekend, a progressive, hippie, Matt Gonzalez-type who loathes Gavin Newsom with the passion of a thousand armies. And they said to me, "I think he's the devil, but you make him slightly more human to me."
My God, my life finally has meaning. I wish the Mayor took a moment to appreciate my outreach on his behalf. It celebration of this glorious revelation, as I didin't realize I was helping the compost set find a little compassion for He Who Actually Styles His Hair, I present to you this holiday masterpiece, courtesy of your friend and mine, Bill Wilson.
Please enjoy the shit out of this:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

New picture on the masthead? You look like a million bucks...

Greg said...

The new masthead is awesome, Beth. Julie's pics of you were really amazing.

I like giving Gavin a hard time only because it's so easy, and besides, the nerds and geeks are SUPPOSED to give the popular kids a hard time...

Anonymous said...

I'm with the hippie, you make him better.

sfmike said...

Glad your life finally has meaning, but I'm with Anonymous at 7:51. You're the only person in Gavin's (peripheral) orbit, other than Mike Farrah, who isn't seriously contemptible. Hope I'm over the flu in time to document your Top Dessert Chef stardom at City Hall.

Elizabeth said...

Fun Fact: I interviewed for a job at a very hippie San Francisco company sometime back in the olden days of 2008. I used the ladies room after the interview and was shocked to see that exact hippie image on two of the three stalls with the advisory that these were hippie stalls -- pee flushing optional.

I know for sure it's that exact image because I took a picture of it and it is now the picture that comes up when my hippie (but pee flushing) sister-in-law calls me.