Tuesday, December 29, 2009

amateur night 2010...

Jesus Christ, what are you doing for New Year's Eve?
Brock and I are making a list of things we want. So far, we've got:
1. Dressing Up.
2. Me not feeling like an easily annoyed loser for being sober.
3. Fancy food and cloth napkins.
4. Non-awkward midnight make-out moment.
I feel like every New Year's Eve, I wait until the last minute like some magical and perfect offer from George Clooney will appear, inviting to fly me and all of my friends to his fabulous party in the Hollywood Hills where George and I will light the world on fire with our chemistry/I will find someone to talk to who knew Sharon Tate.
Why is that so hard?
As for my constant companions, some are blatantly ignoring my inquiries as to what we're doing while others speak of vague parties we may or may not feel like going to. The part of me that is my mother, the part that requires a printed itinerary and guest list, is going nuts. The part of me that hates pushing my way through scantily clad hos to get an eyeroll when I order a Shirley Temple is giving up.
What are you folks doing? And if it involves any or all of the above, can you please add me to the list...

9 comments:

Brock said...

5. I want to wear a hat.

George Clooney said...

scantily clad hos umm, so where is this now?

Clair said...

Good luck in your quest! I'm attending what's billed as a Sort of Rockin' New Year's Eve. If we were dressing up and I could guarantee potential midnight makeout partners, I'd totally invite you.

kwk said...

Whoops, forgot this: a conversation with Roman could well last beyond a thousand words but if one had $11,000 they maybe could get the next best thing: Art Films (and Sharon was Taller!)

Ciaran said...

Gatecrashing the folk dancing at the Plough and Stars with a toy accordion. Again.

Patricia said...

I am crashing hotel parties...yup the Marriot, the Hyatt, the Fairmont are all having parties and I am not paying anything to get in...oh and Trader Vic's is having a party too along with the Days Inn Travel Lodge on the El Camino where (I kid you not) they will have Barry Manilow - esque karaoke .

I just have to find a willing cab driver and a couple of disguises..hats are absolute must.

Christopher Rogers said...

Shirley Temples rock. As do Roy Rogers-es. Extra syrup, m.f.-ers.

Anonymous said...

Police Chief Garcon or whatever his name is would be proud of you.

Cali said...

I will be staying home where it is safe, warm and dry, enjoying my own company and the company of anyone who chooses to be here doing basically nothing. I will pop the bottle cap on a particularly nice bottle of Martinelli's sparkling apple-grape cider precisely at midnight and drinking it from fine crystal champagne flutes. That is all.