Friday, October 23, 2009

a sheet and two holes means no one's going to talk to me, so forget it...

I am absoluetly desperate for a costume to tomorrow night's Halloween Party. In a sad twist, I'm my brother's date to his company shindig and these folks take costuming seriously. My initial ideas (I have 24 hours) include:
1. Poker Face/Lady Gaga. I was thinking maybe "Ghetto Gaga" with bubbles all over me and a blonde wig or some version of poker face. Maybe like an illegible poker face (can't read my, can't read my...gays get the idea.)
2. Halloween Spirit Store costume. You know, Geisha or sexy vixen.
3. Star Wars nerd. You know, this party is thrown by Lucasfilm. Either they have a sense of humor about this stuff. Or they don't. There's only one way to find out.
My brother, the ever-topical Alex is going as the Wii version of himself, which means he's green with "ALEX" floating somehow over his head. I probably wasn't supposed to tell you that.
Finally, 7x7 Magazine has some designer-y Halloween costume ideas for you, including a Gavin Newson option. This would be fabulous, obviously, had they gotten the tie right. My GOD, 7x7. My God. I don't think he even owns a red tie.
Seriously. Help me out in the comments. I'm grasping at straws here.
Wait! Could that be a costume. Grasping. At straws.
Okay, I'm getting desperate...

7 comments:

Be_Devine said...

Don't you have a bunch of costumes at work? Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz is too obvious, but how about a Peskin/Munchkin outfit? "We represent the Lollypop Guild, The Lollypop Guild, The Lollypop Guild . . ."

Holly said...

put on your best frump-wear and a frizzy blonde wig and go as Carole.

Anonymous said...

Something from PeopleofWalmart.com. Or Lindsey Lohan, 'cause you're both in recovery.

KG said...

Black dress, black sunglasses, beehive, and hopefully a tiara = Holly Golightly?

Better yet... black pants, gold flats, white button down (blood on it, maybe a nose bleed too), and black wig = Mrs. Mia Wallace?

blog fan said...

Combine encyclopedic knowledge of serial killers + a greasy brown rat's nest of a wig = Aileen Wuornos

Laura Guill said...

50's housewife...very Mad Men-esque, if you have a suitable dress. Add a floral apron, cardigan, and a set of pearls. I was going to do it myself, but haven't quite found the right dress...

Clair said...

Val Diamond. The costume wouldn't be too hard, and it's both topical and a little unusual.