Friday, October 09, 2009

but i make no promises UPDATED...

While I may or may not have the opportunity to interview Clive Owen as he walks into a Mill Valley Film Festival Screening tonight, I've decided to prepare some questions anyway. I've been assured by the publicists that this interview will be shorter than my time with Mr. Benjamin Bratt (my first video ever!), but none the less, I should have some idea of what to say in case the man wants to chat.
So here's what I've got, and I'm delighted to accept suggestions.
"I understand you've spent today playing tourist in San Francisco. Where'd you go?"
"You play a dad with two sons in this movie. In real life, you have two daughters. Which are easier? Boys or girls?"
"If you could've played any role in any movie in history, what would it be? To make you feel more comfortable, I'll tell you mine. I'd be the first and only female Ghostbuster, which isn't an existing role, unless I played Ray."
And finally, Joe's favorite, "You're on my Top 5. Which begs the question, who's on yours?"
This post could be the biggest jinx ever, but honestly, to be on the same block with Clive Owen would be magical. And if I do get to speak to this dashing international superstar, I'll do my damndest not to freak out and cause a scene...

*UPDATE* It's all on video. The whole thing. Editing will take a couple of days, so early next week, please get ready to watch

ME AND CLIVE OWEN CHATTING AND LAUGHING.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Beth! I'm so happy you're getting this chance to represent us with Mr. Owen. Do us proud!

Anonymous said...

LUCKY you. I'd settle for being in the same State as Clive.

My question, how bad of a bizotch is Julia Roberts ?

Anonymous said...

I still remember him from the BMV mini-movie commercials. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKYUtUw-8ig Reference that and you'll get his attention. Ask if he's really that good of a driver.

Natalie said...

If you do cause a scene, I look forward to reading your first-hand account of it.

Greg said...

ask him if he ever wanted to be the next James Bond...he woulda been perfect.

jfbf said...

I really wanted to come up with a good suggestion - and normally I can always come up with some kind of question, in almost any situation - but I'm kind of speechless, and drooling a little, just thinking about talking to him... good luck!

Amy said...

WOW! Have fun! Hope you get the chance for your mini-interview!

BTW, I love the female Ghostbuster idea...

kwk said...

The Benjamin Bratt thing--did you also run across the costar:
Christopher Borgzinner?