Thursday, September 10, 2009

i should take her to le club...

When I walked into work this morning, Amanda asked me if I made any new friends at the Symphony Gala last night.
“No.” I responded. But then I paused. “Actually, I did make a new friend.”
“Oh really? Who?”
Jan Wahl is surprisingly fabulous. I know she got into it with Quentin Tarantino and enjoys a wacky trademark, but I’m telling you, the woman is hilarious. She’s like a brilliant, wise, broad with the mouth of a sailor and convincing words of wisdom on dating and romance. I couldn’t believe I was discussing such personal aspects of my life with Jan Wahl, of all people. But seriously, I can’t get over it.
She’s fucking funny!

*Thanks to SFMike for the fabulous photos of last night and check back in a few days for The Beths' video report on the Gala...

5 comments:

Moonrose2715 said...

She's a supporter of your day job too, so a doubly good friend to have! =) Looking forward to seeing you in November!

Be_Devine said...

Jan Wahl is a San Francisco treasure. I've had the pleasure of a few conversations with her, and, much like Spots, she is a wonderful, warm, and wise woman. It's no wonder you two got along so well.

The Sonia Show said...

When I worked at The Examiner, I used to edit Jan Wahl's short-lived column. We went to lunch once, and she killed me! Killed me! She was so hilarious! She cracked me up with the most awesome tales.

Anonymous said...

Jan is so funny. I heard her fans petitioned KRON-TV to get her back on the air and I read in the Chron that she is back on Saturday morning's. That is sooo good. She dishes and I almost always agree with her movie reviews. What a San Francisco treasure!!

Jay

HappyRachael said...

She is often at my local Starbucks in our lovely MV hometown. Last time I saw her she was in a trademark hat screaming in her cell phone. AWESOME!