Sunday, September 13, 2009

at least not in the fall...

Sometimes I think that maybe I shouldn't live in San Francisco for my entire life. I mean, there's a whole world out there. I could try New York or Chicago. I could go international and move to London or Paris. I could even imagine myself as the tallest gal in Shanghai. 
But then I remember that on rainy nights, when you get all dressed up and take a cab downtown, you can glance down Market Street as you speed across it and see the Ferry Building all lit up. And you can run into the Big Four or smoke on a corner in Union Square. Men in suits take your coat and hold doors. And the mirror above the bar of the Washington Square Bar and Grill makes everything look like a Woody Allen movie. And you can sit in low lighting somehwere and listen to the rain and the traffic and someone plays this song on a piano and....I can never move. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW! SF is such a great rain city.

Natalie said...

I moved here in 1996 with my SO from North Carolina. We came here for vacation and fell in love with it. I remember lying in bed the first night here in our small apartment that cost twice as much as our place in NC and wondering if we had made a mistake and if I would hate it here. But I've loved it from day one.

Anonymous said...

Well, I went international and live in London, but I am so envious of San Franciscans. Don't move. It's a great place :)

LB said...

Never leave. I'm trying to get back.