Tuesday, August 25, 2009

you will not believe this...

I have inherited many things from my wonderful father, one of them being my proclivity to enter drawings. I will gladly fill out any form and drop it in a box. I've never really won anything, other than a canvas totebag full of pantyhose from the Nordstrom Corte Madera Hosiery Department in 1992. 
Until today. 
While wandering around the Pride Parade Festivities in City Hall Plaza, my friend and official lesbian, Eileen and I passed booth after booth, amassing free chapstick and highlighters as we went. We also entered every contest, including a drawing for an Olivia cruise. 
Olivia, if you're not aware, is "the definitive leader in lesbian travel."
I received an email from the fine ladies of Olivia today. 
I won. 
Hand to God, this is no joke. I won an Olivia cruise for two to Alaska
The cruise leaves from Vancouver, is 7 nights and departs September 20th. The cruise features celebrity guest, Betty DeGeneres, mother of TV's Ellen and includes everything but drinks, spa treatments and our port fees. We are in the shittiest room on the cruise ship, so you know this shit is for real. 
Needless to say, I'm taking Melissa...

11 comments:

Natalie said...

Whoo hoo! Good for you. I'm so jealous. I love Alaska and Vancouver. If you have any time in Vancouver, make a reservation for C Restaurant and get the tasting menu. Awesome. They are on Open Table, or at least they were last I went two years ago.

Melissa said...

There will be NO END to the stories that will come of this trip.

I can't believe the most hetero woman I know won it!

Don't worry - if we are forced to ballroom dance, I'll be the guy.

Spots said...

My dad pointed out that the mostly male crew will find us HIGHLY desirable.

Big Chris pointed out that if we become lesbians, we have to promise to take pictures for him...

Generic said...

The Griffwoods take Alaska should have at least ONE Levi Johnston cameo.

Anonymous said...

Um ... why have you not contacted Reality Show Producers yet? There's some money to be made here...

- Clemens

Karyn said...

OMG!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!

Jen said...

You are so a character in an Armistead Maupin novel!

Anonymous said...

Everybody knows the best part of any lesbian cruise is the all-you-can-munch rug buffet!

Be_Devine said...

I'm so happy for you. You not only won a free cruise, but also the subject for your second novel. I'll be first in line to buy it.

In the meantime, I'll have my phone with me at all times from Sept. 20th - 27th waiting with bated breath for text updates from the GriffWood cruising adventure.

And as for the shitty room: My money's on you getting upgraded to a suite once they figure out who you two are.

Brittney said...

I can't stop laughing. This is going to be great. For us all.

sfmike said...

I'm going to be laughing all day about this one. It's the distaff Laurel & Hardy taking on the Great White Lesbian North. Congratulations to you and Melissa. And we want Photos!