Lemme break it down for you because I was easily confused.
- An 11 year old girl named Jaycee was kidnapped in South Lake Tahoe in 1991.
- Yesterday, she rolled into a police station in Concord and announced she was alive.
- Registered sex offender Phil Garrido (who's also being investigated for elder abuse) and his wife have been charged with a litany of crimes, including all the bad, pedophile ones.
- Phil has a crazy, weird blog.
- Jaycee remembers everything and is in good health.
Okay, here we go.
- What the hell took Jaycee so long?
- Was, as Brock suggested, she used as "bait" to kidnap other children?
- Her stepfather "saw" her get kidnapped in 1991. Needless to say, mother and stepfather are no longer together, but that in and of itself strikes me as fishy.
- What is UP with Mrs. Garrido? Not like some loner kidnapping and molesting children is acceptable, but a married couple in cahoots? He must have beat her.
- And most importantly, was this case anything like the most interesting long term kidnapping of all time?
We shall continue to discuss as more details are revealed, but let's begin...