Friday, August 28, 2009

rawr....

I am both appalled and delighted to report that I am blogging today from Dinah's Garden Hotel and Trader Vic's in Palo Alto, where I have booked myself a room tonight. 
Why?
It's the National Cougar Convention and it's being held here. 
I know what you're thinking. Obviously, I'm not a cougar. I am however, covering the weird and stupid beat for various websites, so here I am!
Thus far, I've checked in, gotten a manicure and watched "Locked Up Abroad" on the National Geographic Channel while eating beef jerky. I think I shall head down to the pool and observe and early arrivals stalking their prey in their Slimsuits. Since my friends were all too chicken (or too busy with real, actual social lives), I have to get dinner by myself at Trader Vic's. I will be dolled up and walking into this restaurant requesting a table for one in the middle of a Cougar Convention. 
Which is weird, since I already thought I hit my rock bottom. 
Obviously, there is much more to come. 
Wish me luck...

4 comments:

The Doc said...

Good Luck !

Some of those "Cougars" are down-right old and ugly, you know what I mean.

Make sure your dress don't get caught up in someone's dentures while you are filming this... :)

Blog Visitor said...

So how did it go?

tangobaby said...

My god, I could have gone with you as the Jimmy Olsen to your Lois Lane! I can't even imagine the photographic possibilities.

Be_Devine said...

OMG, I would have been all over this with you if i wasn't in LA. Can't wait to read about it!