Monday, August 17, 2009

i just want to be iona from pretty in pink...

90% of life is showing up. At least it is according to Woody Allen. 
I'd also like to think a lot of that is just asking for what you want. For example, I wanted a fabulous photo shoot in Chinatown. As an internet nerd, I spend a great deal of time just clicking through from link to link, a virtual Magellan discovering treasures along the super-highway. 
I'd spotted Tangobaby ages ago, but for some reason, only just discovered her latest project.
I Live Here: SF is a collection of photos of San Franciscans accompanied by essays they've written about being San Franciscans. When I found this gorgeous site and a little note on the side basically saying, "If you want to do this, email me," I gasped a little. 
Oh. I want to do this. 
I sat on my bed with my laptop in front of me and I hemmed. I hawed. I can't ask for this. It felt rude and self-indulgent. But then I remembered that I am occasionally rude and frequently self indulgent and figured, "Fuck it." 
Julie emailed me right back. A week later, she was in my dining room sticking fake eyelashes on my eyelids, pushing into Chinatown doorways and telling me where to look. 
Yes, homosexuals. It's as fun as it sounds. 
Julie loves subjects! All subjects! You don't need to be a fellow blogger or internet devotee, either. All you need is to live within the city and county of San Francisco and show up. 
And now, please enjoy:
And my whole photoshoot, which Julie, I adore...

9 comments:

tangobaby said...

And now you're quoting Woody Allen to boot? How could I be happier?!

Thanks for the wonderful shout out. I'm thoroughly enjoying reading this post and how you came to be part of my project.

So so so great.

Be_Devine said...

You're gorgeous! Great pics.

smith kaich jones said...

Iim here from Tango and having a ball reading your blog! Smart, funny and gorgeous. That is just wrong!

LOVE your blog!

:) Debi

Anonymous said...

I hate it when people are beautiful on the outside and hilarious on the inside.
Hate it.
;)

Holly said...

AND she's disgustingly photogenic. I must hate you now.

Yoli said...

I can see why Julie has a crush on you.

Melissa said...

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm honored every day that this woman is my BFF. A tunnel between our houses, fo sho! IUJU!!!!

AphotoAday said...

Well, this is fun... Julie sent me over...

sfmike said...

"Yes, homosexuals. It's as fun as it sounds." is good enough for me. I've just booked a session.