Thursday, June 04, 2009

current events and what not...

There are so many things I want to discuss with you today!
Okay, let's talk Air France first, since it's so tragic, worrisome, etc. The airline is now telling relatives of the passengers to give up hope of someone found floating in the middle of the Atlantic, a la Cast Away. You know, if my brother was on that plane, I don't think I could ever fully accept that he was down at the bottom of that "mountainous" ocean. Not my brother. He'd be on an island somewhere, with amnesia, waiting for his big sister to come find him...Oh God. Moving on, I spent much of this Spring obsessed with plane crashes, particularly black box recordings and final moments of cockpit to tower conversations. So if this plane broke apart in mid-air, did people die instantly? Were some sucked out of the plane while others plummeted towards the ocean? What would we have done were on that plane? I'll tell you one thing. The second I knew death was knocking at my door, I would've grabbed a handful of Smirnoff bottles and gotten busy.
In other news, Jon and Kate Plus 8 has jumped the shark. It is now thirtysomething with kids. Kate has turned this into some sweeping, shitty, suburban, unsophisticated English Patient and I can't even watch anymore. She's so morose, such a martyr, staring off into the distance as one of her 47 children desperately yet kindly tries to win her attention. I did enjoy that Jon missed Kate's obnoxious "Woe is Me" birthday to go help disabled people and foxy ladies go skiing.
Finally, Real Housewives of New Jersey is a goddamn treasure. Danielle, the nut of New Jersey has finally been outted for getting "busted by the feds" 24 years ago and all hell is breaking loose. I love how Teresa is discussing the "quote" rumors about Danielle then then announces, "First there were the rumors, now there's the book" as she dramatically holds up THIS out-of-print masterpiece, which includes Danielle/Beverly's mugshot.
Oh, and then David Caradine killed himself today. So, there's that...

6 comments:

Greg said...

I've only seen a few of these Jon and Kate shows but the family has always seemed like the epitome of classless overspending and over indulgence. I mean, 8 kids? WTF? And the kids are so needy and annoying.

No wonder "Jon" was getting it on with some side thing...

blah blah blah stfu said...

It seems that planes have been dropping out of the sky all over the place ever since the Sully miracle on the Hudson landing -- WTF ?? I'm hovering (no pun intended) on the whole fear of flying thing. I need to get over it fast though since I have to fly to Dallas in a week

Alex said...

First of all horrible picture of me. Second of all yeah no matter what I’m not dead. I am still alive and im probably building my own little civilization on this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_Garbage_Patch

Steve said...

Maybe the Gosselin little darlings can move in with the midgets ( the Roloff farm ) near Portland, Oregon. Plenty of work around pumpkin harvest time. Not PC.

Melissa said...

Since Sully's moment in the sun, people are just crashing planes for the publicity. Attention whores!

Generic said...

Steve FTW.