Thursday, June 11, 2009

ah gerald, how lovely to see you again...

Tell me you heard about the woman who missed Air France flight 447 and then died in a car crash. You've been discussing it all day, haven't you? Me too!
Did the Grim Reaper just have it out for her? What if she's the reason the plane crashed in the first place, some hellish, gloved finger pointing at her to die. Then she misses the flight, killing all of the innocents on board for no good reason. So Beelzebub or God or whomever is like, Damn it! She's keeps getting away! Not today! 
Swerve, scream, crash. 
I don't mean to make light of this tragedy, I really don't. I'm just wondering what freakish coincidence is next? They do find one body floating around the Atlantic alive, but it's Natalee Holloway
Also on our docket for today is the Don of Chinatown. I don't want to be sleeping with the sweet and sour shrimp, but check out this dude's outfit. Apparently, Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow, after spending 25 years in what Mel calls "the pokey" is now in charge of the Chinatown Night Market. 
We're all thinking the same thing, aren't we?
Chinatown has a night market?!?!?!?! 
Anyway, I guess Shrimp Boy's been strong-arming the competition. While this issue is certainly pressing, I have some questions about this night market: Are there knock-offs? Like mainland knock-offs? What kind of North Fake are we talking? Tiffany? Bvlgari? Seriously, I need a new ostentatious Gucci belt buckle. Because if Shrimp Boy can get me faux Marc Jacobs luggage for under $40 (apres haggling), I really don't care if he's the slightest bit shady or wears dramatic yellow gold man-jewelry. 
Finally, I can't remember if I'd mentioned this or not: I'm obsessed with Reggie Love. For those of you living in the normal, non-political people world, he's the real life Charlie. (Right now, a bunch of me's are going, "Ohhhhhh.") I think it's fantastic that the Obama Administration has basically re-cast The West Wing for...The West Wing. I watched that NBC special about the White House and other than spending the whole time swooning over Reggie, I realized that I love Rahm Emmanuel. Rumor has it, Rahm was the inspiration for Josh Lyman, and we all know Josh Lyman is the greatest West Wing "character" ever. Okay, well Josh and C.J.. Oh, and Lord John Marbury
Anyway, where's Rahm been all my life? Am I that out of it? This guy was in Congress? Apparently, he's a foul-mouthed hardass, which only makes me love him more. And what a great name, Rahm. Don't you just want to sigh, "Rahm."
As in, "Rahm, oh Rahm. Take me to the Chinatown night market."
Seriously, just watch for the Hilary handshake at 1:25...

12 comments:

KG said...

The missing the plane but getting hitting by the car? I think I saw that movie, and it's three or so sequels.

And, they say life isn't like the movies.

Anonymous said...

I do believe I read somewhere that the new Gucci outlet store opens in Vacaville this weekend.

But don't tell anyone...

Be_Devine said...

So, following this West Wing theme to its logical conclusion, does that mean that Reggie Love is going to be sleeping with Sasha Obama by the end of the first season?

Natalie said...

Lord John Marbury - my all time favorite West Wing character.

Anonymous said...

Did you see this recent finding: Meanwhile, reports said the Air France plane may have partly broken up in the air before hitting the Atlantic Ocean. Most of the 16 bodies which have been examined in preliminary stages of the probe were found naked or with minimal clothing, suggesting the wind may have removed the garments.

William Lake said...

You most certainly did mean to make light of the subject. I usually love what your write but this was just wrong. Did you ever think how sad it would be for the family of this person to read this?

Generic said...

What Natalie said.

"Abigail! May I grasp your breasts?"

HSK Warrior said...

You must be the source of the rumor of Raymond Chow strong arming anyone. Do you have any evidence at all that Raymond Chow is doing anything illegally?

Just curious......I can get set up a meeting with him if you like.

HSK Warrior said...

http://hmgkt.blogspot.com/
Raymond Chow is truly working at turning over a new leaf

Spots said...

@HSK I got the strong-arming thing from Matier & Ross in the Chron. Am I wrong?

HSK Warrior said...

Yes sir, Raymond Chow and any type of strong arming anyone is completely false. He has asked to face his accusers but no one is saying anything.

Benny Yee appointed Rayomnd Chow and I myself would have been on the Night Fair as a co-chair but was sick with the Flu. I'm no square to the game, and can vouch that Chow only has the best intentions for his community.

Raymond is in fact very friendly with the other tongs, and since I am a member, I would know if there were any problems going on.

So, if those weren't your personal opinions, I apologize. I am working hard to change to publics view on Chow. He truly deserves that chance to prove he's going straight.

HSK Warrior said...

sorry, yes ms./mrs. Spots