• I don’t consider you gay.
This is insensitive.
• Never call a coworker a “fag” or “homo.”
This is derogatory, rude, and totally
• Should we order fried chicken or watermelon for you?
This is stereotyping and shows ignorance.
• You must be the new IT person.
All Asians are not IT professionals.
• Never refer to a co-worker as a “retard.”
This is an insult to people with mental disabilities.
• Can you help me out with my landscaping?
Why would you assume that all Hispanics/Latinos are landscaping experts?
• Wow, you are from India! My neighbor Ashok Shah is from India; do you know him?
Think for a minute … do you know every American - or everyone who lives in Dover or Wilmington?
And not to be all racist and shit:
• I don’t trust white people; they are all racists.
This is stereotyping and totally insensitive. Get to know the person or discuss why the actions may have offended you. Don’t generalize.
Maybe San Francisco is so PC, this stuff seems ridiculous but in the Mid-Atlantic states, people are pulling Michael Scott's left and right. Or maybe this is bullshit. Either way, I've got to hand it to the clip-art designer. It's like a goddamn Benetton ad! Thanks, Delaware!