Wednesday, March 25, 2009

to the left, to the left...

I'm so sorry I'm such a blogging slacker this week. I'm really very busy complaining about being sick. I finally dragged my ass out of bed and put on outside clothes, heading across bridges and tunnels to work this morning. As I sat at a light on Van Ness, a heard a woman screaming, "Excuse me! EXCUSE ME!"
I turned and looked at her.
"Is this the way to 101 North?" She hollered from her PT Cruiser.
"Are you trying to get on the Golden Gate Bridge?"
"Yes."
"Then yeah. Just turn left on Lombard and follow traffic."
She smiled and thanked me and I drove off, unwilling to take on the grave responibility of letting this nut follow me. After turning left and making it halfway down Lombard, I looked over. There was Ms. PT Cruiser with a huge smile on her face giving me the big thumbs up.
I gave her a solid thumbs up back.
I don't have to tell you I suddenly felt like the nicest person ever to walk the Earth. My God, I'm like San Francisco's Ambassador to lost souls. Someone should be paying me for these little gifts my benevolent personality delivers throughout the day. You, world, are welcome.
My self-congratulation lasted a good 10 minutes and then I went back to feeling sick and horrible, but I think we can all learn a valuable lesson from my moment.
Sometimes, providing accruate directions to someone in a stupid car can be a gift not only to them, but one to you as well.*

*Cue Doogie Howser music...

3 comments:

Karyn said...

Is that Vinnie climbing through your window?

blair said...

Awesome

generic said...

Doog! Doog!