Thursday, March 19, 2009

customer service...

I should have as little professional contact with the public as possible because whenever I answer the phone at my office, I tend to get in fights. Like what just happened 4 SECONDS AGO.
Beth: This is Beth.
Lady: I must have the wrong number!
Beth: Okay.
Lady: This isn't Moosetree?
Beth: Nope.
Lady: This doesn't make any sense!
Beth: This is (my office number.)
Lady: That's what it SAYS!
Beth: Okay.
Lady: WELL I DIDN'T MAKE IT UP!
Beth: I'M NOT ACCUSING YOU OF MAKING IT UP!
Lady: IT'S RIGHT HERE IN THE YELLOW PAGES!
Beth: WELL THE YELLOW PAGES ARE OBVIOUSLY WRONG!
Lady: WHY WOULD THE YELLOW PAGES BE WRONG?
Beth: MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE NO ONE USES AN ACTUAL PHONEBOOK ANYMORE!
LADY: I PREFER A PHONEBOOK!
BETH: Then I guess sometimes you're going to get the wrong number.
Click...

8 comments:

pooj said...

still laughing.

actually, that would make you perfect to work with the public in any number of settings.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Reminds me of when I called a guy in Kinkos an asshole.

Anonymous said...

I received an errant call from Carole Migden once; however, I missed my opportunity to berate her for her treatment of the Spotswoods when she hung up too quickly.

Karyn said...

Oh - I am SOOOOOOOO calling you in the next couple of months and replaying this conversation!

Brock said...

[standing ovation]

Melissa said...

Honestly, next time you get asked whether "this is Moosetree"? You should answer yes. Whatever Moosetree is, it's bound to be interesting and any damage you do to their reputation is deserved for their failure to update the yellow pages.

Mary-Laure said...

This is just hilarious!

Anonymous said...

oh my god, my head just exploded. This comes two days after my boss chewed me out for throwing away a yellow pages from 2005 and an office depot catalog from 2003. She hadn't missed either for months. When I told her we hadn't received a 2009 yellow pages, she yelled and ranted "what sort of professionally run office does not have a yellow pages!" Yes we do have internet access, yes she is an idiot and no, I cannot quit.