Tuesday, February 03, 2009

we're done professionally...

Ladies and gays, calm down!
I know we're all incredibly upset about Jack Kelly/Francis Sullivan/Christian Bale's totally unacceptable tirade against the Director of Photography on some shitty Terminator movie.
If you haven't heard it, click HERE.
Lots on internetters are defending that little Empire of the Sun, saying ruining a scene is "simply not done." Well, duh. Neither is breaking the copy machine or knocking over the PowerPoint laptop during a presentation. But screaming obscenities for 2 minutes is unacceptable. I used to work backstage and this shit would happen occasionally, some thespian taking their art too seriously would discover that I had mistakenly given them 2 left tap shoes and spend their whole 30 second costume change ripping me a new one. Sheesh. I remember thinking at the time, "Get over yourself. You live in a studio on the Sunset." But I would still go down to the costume cave and cry until Miss Thang came and apologized. God, if Christian Bale yelled at me like that, I'd slit my wrists, not because Patrick Bateman sassed me, but because he's such a douchebag in real life.
You know who doesn't pull this shit? Clooney.
You know who has an Oscar? Clooney.
You know who passed on Terminator 37? Clooney.
So I will forgive Christian Bale for his tantrum after he spends more time in Darfur and less time switching accents...
Is it just me, or does Spielberg look totally over this little shit and his creative imput?

8 comments:

Moonrose2715 said...

But he's so pretty. And more importantly he IS newsies. I'm not sure, but I think without him in newsies, my childhood would have been a dark and sad existence. =)

Spots said...

I agree! I'm just sorry he's become such a Hollywood cliche. I mean, really. Yelling at the crew? How unoriginal...

Greg said...

as a nerd, anything st. batman can do to save Terminator: Salvation will be welcomed. However, I don't know that screaming for 2 minutes is that.

here is a remix by some LA DJ you may enjoy:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=7349349

Leslie/Miss Havisham said...

I've known a doctor to hurl an amputation knife at a medical student in anger and that is for fucking up a human SURGERY.

Yes Christian Bale's performance in a teminator flim....truly god's work. EVERYONE STAND BACK.

Sweet Melissa said...

What an asshole. And not in the way that makes him hotter.

Anonymous said...

dumb!

Greg said...

hey check this out, it shows how Kermit the Frog and Christian Bale are separated at birth:

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/27350111.html

enjoy.

Matthew said...

Okay, I have been reading your blog and I thought over your point of view. Firstly, everyone and I do mean everyone, could very well be made out to look like a godzilla-esque monster of Leona Helmsley proportions if they had a camera as far up their ass on a 24/7 basis as Christian Bale does. His schedule is exhausting and at this point in his career he cannot even go down the local store a buy a can of soda with needing a proctologist to remove the paparazzi. Now that being said I want you to consider another factor, this man plays these uber masculine roles that require an amazing amount of concentration to get into character and an incredible amount of emotion that his character must portray. He was in the middle of the scene on a Terminator film (not exactly Terms of Endearment) and when the event happened he probably was all set to blow his masculine wad for the camera to capture.
Instead there was a slight disruption and odds are that emotional wad got shot off onto some poor guy whose head wasn't in tune with what was going on around him.
Was it abusive? Yeah it was, and that by itself is not excusable. Was it understandable? Well that depends on whether or not you have compassion for people under incredible amounts of stress. The easiest thing to do is give your two cents on what someone else should have done, if only they thought the way we want them to.
So in ending this, I also want to say that George Clooney was the clown who wore nipples on the bat suit and pulled out a Batman credit card following with "Never leave the cave without it!". Everyone has their moments.