Monday, January 12, 2009

my ringtone is womanizer...

As someone notoriously behind the times, I realize getting a Blackberry is no big deal to you Jetsons, but I bought my first one on Saturday and I couldn't be more amazed by this awesome technology. The full alphabet is available on this thing, with all of my e-mail accounts showing up like text messages and a camera with a flash...my God!
But there's a downside to my new device. Usually, the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning is the joy I take in running to my laptop and checking my e-mail. It's not like the in boxes are all that interesting, mostly filled with penis enlargement ads and those bitches at Oxfam asking for more money. But you never know. There could always be that rogue surprise, anonymous blog comment or missive from a lost long love, dramatically detailing the ways in which no other woman can ever compare.
Okay, I'm still waiting on that last one, but my point is, my little handheld's got all that shit and I don't have to move from the fabric softened coziness of my Ikea sheet set. My wide-eyed, childlike enthusiasm of every morning being Christmas morning is over because the second some douche call me a bitch on the internet is the second I get to read about it.
I guess growing up ain't all it's cracked up to be...

11 comments:

Be_Devine said...

Welcome to the 21st century. Now we just need to upgrade your Commodore 64 and you'll be all set.

Chris said...

Finally! I can't comment anonymously anymore for some reason.

Spots said...

I figured since I never comment anywhere anonymously, I should no longer allow it on my blog. Because you know who comments anonymously? Bitches, that's who...

Seana said...

I wish I could set up my blackberry to send me a message everytime you posted a new blog entry! Then I would never feel like there could be one there and I don't know it! As always, brilliant.

Brett said...

You can. Subscribe to google reader, add Beth's blog, and voila.

Brett said...

Edit:

And have google reader send you an email everytime she updates.

Good talk.

Christin said...

I finally added the google reader app to my blackberry just so this blog could save me from boredom in places like airports and safeway lines.

Seana said...

Thanks Brett!!!! Now I can read Spots anywhere! Fabuluous.

Patricia Appelquist said...

I totally agree, and flaunt my comment abilities..especially when I get to praise such insightful and inspirational work like Beth's.
I have Beth posts printed out and framed as inspiration while I get thru my day...bummer no kawanzaa post..but I will survive somehow.

Julia said...

When you work in a field as timely as technology reporting, getting scooped is a bad feeling. What’s worse is the feeling of getting called out for being late on something by a guy who has nothing better to do than get fatter and check 200 times a day. If you’re so up on your shit, why not start a news site and get in on some of that sweet Google AdSense money? Because you have too much integrity? Probably not. Because you’re too busy getting fatter and watching Battlestar Galactica? That sounds more like it.

Steve said...

Though there are few people using this method in comparison to other types of penis enlargement, it is proving itself to be a very successful method. The device is used anywhere between 2 and 10 hours a day and causes your penis to build new tissue cells resulting in a longer, thicker penis.