Wednesday, November 19, 2008

screw serenity and get me my club card...

Here's your little reminder that my Culture Blog won't be back till mid-December, as I'm out of town, in the middle of nowhere, roaming the vineyards of St. Helena and harnessing my chi. But last night, I made my first trip to an actual store since Saturday.
Walking into Safeway was like the first time I walked into Harrods.
Oh my God, I thought. I need absolutely nothing yet need everything! It was like Supermarket Sweep, I was running down the aisles throwing anything and everything into my little basket. Because out in the middle of nowhere, on sabbatical and meditating amidst verdant fields, you never know when you're going to need some lighter fluid, men's body wash, Redbook, terriaki sauce and magic markers...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bethy, you're doing great! You'll be home before you know it. You can do this, and remember, it'll be one hell of a book.
Love you!