Tuesday, September 16, 2008

rhonda is a new woman...

I said we could take my car, Rhonda the Honda on our trek to Berkeley for The Brians' wedding. As Mel, Alex and Hastings climbed in, they were appalled by the horrific state of affairs both inside and outside poor Rhonda.
I guess she was filthy. I never clean my car. Why should I? It looks like rain.
Anyway, Hastings was so particularly horrified that he showed up at my office yesterday and took my keys. As I relayed this to John last night, he squinted and looked over at me. "Your friend came to your office in Marin and had your car cleaned? Shit, Beth. That must have been one disgusting Civic."
In looking through the 3 garbage bags of junk he tossed in the dumpster out back, the kid had a point. I was cracking up watching him from my office window and was forced to video this dramatic act of friendship...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally!
All of Beth's friends thank you, Chris!

Anonymous said...

I was passing through Marin and thought it was going to be a 15 minute detour to take Beth's car to a carwash. Little did I know that Beth's drunk served as her personal dumpster.

Spots said...

Beth's drunk?
Nice...

Anonymous said...

trunk*

Fredo said...

Seriously, you need to sell lessons on whatever it is you do to have men under your thrall like this.

Sweet Melissa said...

Fadeff is too good to be of this world. We are all in your debt.

Anonymous said...

I met 'Hastings' at your house. He's adorable!
Fix me up!

Be_Devine said...

Chris is the sweetest and most thoughtful person you could possibly imagine. He is going to make some lucky girl very, very happy.

Sweet Melissa said...

Why he hangs out with me and Beth - who are basically the equivalent of Marge's sarcastic, chain-smoking, spinster sisters on the Simpsons - is a total mystery.