Thursday, September 04, 2008

i love you too, sir...

Tim the Trainer, god bless him, is oddly protective of any woman he's ever met. Last night, after our hike to hell, we grabbed tacos and chatted. Over the two months we've been working out, Tim and I have become good friends and he's gotten to know and enjoy hearing about the trials and tribulations that make up my often boring romantic interludes. Tim's constant refrain regarding my personal life seems to be, "Why are you gonna go out with that guy? I think this is a bad idea. Why even waste your time?"
Uh, pal. It ain't like I gots anything better to do.
Tim, of course, was perfectly content to be a stone cold loner until he met and married Eve, who I think we'll all agree, is an extraordinarily rare human being. It finally occurred to me, pausing on a sidewalk to complete 100 squats and justify the occasional fella, Tim might have unrealistic expectations of what's "out there."
Reality check, folks. This is the kind of man I pull the second Melissa hits the ladies room and I'm sitting alone at a bar. Seriously. This...

4 comments:

Sweet Melissa said...

I CAN'T believe you got him on film! Readers, when I returned we relentlessly hazed this man for wearing sunglasses in a dark room at night.

Spots said...

He's starting to grow on me.
He was wearing a hat at one point, too! Like some douchey Panama Jack hat. By the way, Big Chris in his refusal to be a cock block, runs to the other side of the bar and laughs any time a waiter approaches me, much less a potential suitor. So uh, Chris was 20 feet away...in hysterics.

Be_Devine said...

"Gentlemen do not wear hats indoors," said the shriviled sectagenarian in sequin at sail soiree.

alex said...

Great video sis! Thats like taking a picture of lightning. Its a miracle you got the picture off but when it comes out your so please and amazed with your luck. And when nobody else will believes you about the lightning (that douche), but you can always hold up that picture and say "see look how spectacular (Sad) it (he) was!"