Friday, September 12, 2008

i don't even think they have a starbucks...

I'm not terribly high maintenance in terms of where I prefer to "get down." I mean, I once hooked up with a guy in the ... oh god. Nevermind.
But the Sunset? Ewwww. I would never have sex in the Sunset. (I'm now racking my brain to try and remember if I've ever broken this new rule ... does 14th and Fulton count?)
Apparently, brothels are all the rage out in the middle of nowhere and I'm baffled. The Sunset? Is that convenient for johns? My god, have these people never heard of Skid Row?
The best part of this whole article, other than the subject matter alone, is this:
"According to California Penal Code Section 315, the charge for keeping 'a house of ill-fame' is a misdemeanor."
Ill-fame? Love it!
Oh wait, I enjoy this gem as well:
"It is illegal and it shouldn't be happening," said Supervisor Carmen Chu, who represents the Sunset. "Particularly in neighborhoods like this."
Neighborhoods like this? Reality check, Carmen San Francisco. If we'd like to keep the world's oldest profession away from civilization, I don't think we can do any better than your district, which is closer to the Farallon Islands than a decent cheese plate.
Even my friends who suffer their "lives" out there realize just how out of the way their dinner parties are to people like us, who have to trapse a half an hour down Geary just to be in cell phone range of what is now apparently, Hookertown, USA...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your blog is great and while I am sure to be mocked I did think I would point out that the photo of the Sunset you used is not in Carmen Chu's District. The photo is at 12th Ave and Judah and her district does not start until 19th Avenue. So you would have to go even further into the fog of the Sunset before you reached a brothel...

sfmike said...

14th and Fulton is in the Richmond, not the Sunset, so it's still safe to say you've never done IT in the Sunset. And I love the name Carmen San Francisco.

In unrelated news, I just watched "Newsies" for the first time. All is now clear about quite a number of your personal obsessions. In fact, I'm still recovering from the experience.

Greg said...

That pic you linked to is like, 2 blocks from my house....