Thursday, July 17, 2008

sister mary christmas and sister mary poppins...

Last night, I met the Missus for dinner at The Usual and once again, jet lagged as the poor girl was, we caused a scene with our raucous laughter.
But get a load of our plan!
We want to be wedding crashers. I know, I know. Cliche City. But wait!
How can we be assured that no one will question our illegal presence?
Of course! Dress as nuns.
Our plan got more and more elaborate, involving old timey habits. The thought of the two of us wandering around fancy hotel ballrooms dressed like The Flying Nun, chugging champagne and shaking the presents had us in hysterics.
"We could go to Jewish weddings!"
"And make toasts!"
"All about Jesus!"
"We could be the people holding them up in that chair thing!"
"And asking for ham!"
"Oh my god, Mel!" I gasped. "We need a guitar!"
But in retrospect, the whole point of a wedding is to hook up with a hot, drunk guest. And unless we meet some guys with serious issues, with this plan we'll be heading back to the convent alone...

6 comments:

Brett said...

Uh oh. I sense impending doom...

Be_Devine said...

I love it! You two truly would be live up to the name Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.

Sweet Melissa said...

I would be Sister Mary Christmas and I think we discussed Beth being Sister Mary Magdalene.

Brett said...

I hope you guys will at least rehearse this bit a few times, and not debut it in Dallas next May...

Be_Devine said...

I was thinking Beth should be Sister Mary Rich.

vansmack said...

If she was hot enough and willing, I'd hook up with a nun. Look, my shot at the pearly gates are pretty slim to begin with, so just to have St. Peter ask me about it so I could say "wasn't that halloween?" would be worth it to me.