Saturday, July 05, 2008

four score and what...

Melissa's in Africa and the Brians' are where? Canada? Anyway, those three make up my daily human contact, so on the 4th, I sent out some flares and invited anyone who felt like it to come over, eat some charcuterie, drink some vodka and see some cholo fireworks. 
Alex, Kelsey, Ben, Grey Cloud, Brock, Will, Mike, Tony, Sam and Fred made the trek and shit, bitches. I've got a touch of the hangover. 
And some serious leftovers. 
Which has me thinking Sunday dinner, anyone?
Also, my friends graciously watched me on Art's show ("Dude, I'll watch. It's warm in here.") The first time around, I watched with Tim the Trainer. (I hid behind a pillow and cried.) This time, I relaxed in the fact that the boys (Lex, Ben, GC) were in hysterics, both shocked I was actually on television and getting my shitty, obscure jokes. 
I. love. my. boys. 
Although I maintain that the camera adds 450lbs., I promise to post it when it goes online. 
Anyway, it was a lovely 4th. I collapsed onto my bed at 1am and actually made it into an old t-shirt* and boxers. While I had no idea where I was when I woke up (in my bed in my house), at least I wasn't in last nights' ensemble. 
And Mike left some spare sparklers! 
Which has me thinking photoshoot, anyone? 
I hope you folks had a fine Fourth. And I'm glad I got the Trainer hooked on Predator. Because aside from my wonderful pals and my cured meats and my chilled vodka, the fucking Predator marathon made my day...

*The t-shirt I wore to bed was my brother's Marin Catholic Class of 2001 T, upon which Lex, Ben, GC, Kels and Will, etc. were all immortalized on the back. My back. As I slept. Sick!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was awesome last night. You were radiant by the light of the fireworks. Thank you so much! For everything.

greg said...

we wanted to stop by but "Mason" wasn't feeling well so he went home instead and I watched illegal fireworks in the park...

Anonymous said...

You kicked ass on T.V. You were thoughtful, funny, and brilliant. Not sure why you thought it went so badly.

sfmike said...

Those were my favorite illegal backyard fireworks ever.

Anonymous said...

Awesome seeing you last night at Jay 'N Bee! The best was the guy that planted one on you and left. We were all, "GASP!"

Anonymous said...

I saw you on SFUnscripted. I agree with 11:53. You were terrific and beautiful. Well done, Beth Anne. Also, thanks for sending over the scones yesterday. How sweet!
-Mary

Matt said...

I don't get it. Why are you on TV?

Bob Brigham said...

Can one of you sweet people please record and put on google video?