Wednesday, July 30, 2008

facebook is my life...

Melissa, the Brians and I are hosting our first fabulous AIDS fundraiser! I care deeply about philanthropy. Basically, a bunch of bars in San Francisco are donating one night's profits to the Stop AIDS Project and anyone can host a bar. 
We've got Harvey's. Because we're THAT gay. 
So I created a Facebook event and invited all of my Facebook "friends."
First of all, I believe Facebook protocol states that if you don't plan on attending, you simply NEVER RSVP. I cannot believe how many of my blatant social climbing "Facebook Friends" couldn't hit "not attending" fast enough. I know who you bitches are. And I will not forget this appalling slight. 
Second of all, my co-host and wife just sent the following: "NOTE TO PEOPLE! Next time, do not invite a bunch of people who live outside the Bay Area and obviously are not going to attend. Our "no" list is embarassingly long."
This cracks me up. We fail miserably as socialites. The thing is, the people who immediately said they were coming are lovely friends who figured they might as well help fights AIDS and have some drinks with us. Them, we don't care about. But the bitches who race to their computers to reject us and hate people with AIDS? Oh yeah, we're pissed...

3 comments:

shayera said...

The one time I posted a Facebook event, I invited everyone I could think of who might be even remotely interested. I figured that way, I could maybe get someone to donate to the cause, even if they couldn't show.

A Panda said...

Doooooood! I have a SHOW!

sfmike said...

Dear Philanthropist: What's the date and time of your fabulous shindig in that hideous bar? If I'm free, worshiping at your altar is always an attractive option.