Thursday, June 26, 2008

viva la pequena...

I discovered La Pequena on my favorite blog on Earth, Dlisted. The first thing I do every morning is hit up Michael K and chuckle. And whenever he discovers a new La Pequena video, I'm in heaven. So last weekend, when Kate and Jeff were up visiting, we were discussing YouTube phenomenons, as Kate was the one who introduced me to Britain's greatest export since Clive Owen, "Charlie bit me."
I could honestly say, "Chah-lay, that heht. And it's still hehting. Chah-lay" all the goddamn day. If you haven't seen it, gather your office around right now and watch. Even Mr. Grumpy McShit will love it.
Anyway, La Pequena videos are only a minute long and they all involve La Pequena, a disabled tranny dancing around to random music, sometimes as Hilary Clinton or Amy Winehouse, other times, she/he's totally random. So in the interest of returning the 'Charlie bit me' favor to Kate, I told her about La Pequena.
"You'll love it!" I promised.
2 seconds into it, Kate goes, "What the fuck?...Oh God....Sick. This is making me uncomfortable. I hate it. Never again, Bethy. What the hell is wrong with you?"
Hmmmm. Maybe it's not for everyone. Anyway, Dlisted has a new La Pequena video today and in my gross opinion, the best part is when she/he is crawling on the floor with the soccer ball and stops to wave. Fabulous...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

total tran-wreck! Loves it...

Anonymous said...

I like this one way better Bethy. I don't know why the Hilary Clinton one made me so uncomfortable. Hmm, maybe there is an issue that needs addressing.

Anonymous said...

I had to give up dlisted cold turkey after I started saying "peepaw" and "sexy times" in casual conversation. It's difficult, but it's for my own good.

vansmack said...

You disgust me, and that's why I love. I'm not easily disgusted.

I am totally rooting for Spain now in the Euro Finals JUST to support La Pequena (and in keeping with my "Where were you in WWII?" corollary).

Anonymous said...

anon 6:12

I can't shake Wonky McValtrex.

Anonymous said...

Dlisted.. yawn. Why not perezhilton? haha, yep, he's in town and he's like, sitting 3 feet away from me. He says.. gurgle.

Yay Gavin!