Wednesday, June 18, 2008

start spreading the...

Here's your Wednesday Culture Blog! But it's Friday to me. I'm going to New York* tomorrow! I remember when Alex and his Irish roommate spent a week with my folks in the Big Apple. I called them as they were headed from one bar to another.
"Oh, which bar? And what neighborhood?" I asked.
My brother tried to explain as Cathal kept screaming in the background, "Tell her we're in the Manhattan neighborhood."
Alex, over his annoyed laughter, screamed back, "She knows!"
Yeah. Like my brother would go to Queens...

If you're in New York or D.C. in the next 10 days, e-mail me! I'll be in the Village until the 27th and then to visit Kate and Jeff in D.C. until the 29th. Anyone that reads this nonsense deserves a Gibson on me...

4 comments:

Be_Devine said...

NYC / DC are so lucky. We will miss you.

Bob B said...

Thanks for the Gibson, it hit the Spots.

Enjoy New York, survive DC...

2nd2Nun said...

Hilarious and amen.

clarke said...

Beth - as a former DC/VA native, I hope you survive the heat/humidity!

If you are missing your gays, head to Halo on P Street between 14th and 15th, across from Whole Foods for decent (if overpriced) martinis.

Logan Tavern, which is a couple of doors down from Halo (in the direction of 14th street) can be a good time too.

Have fun!