Monday, June 02, 2008

beth overboard...

I'm fulfilling my wifely duties this evening by accompanying the Missus on some business people dinner cruise and apparently this time, the boat will actually set sail!
I always worry ahead of time. Who will we talk to? What if we're at a boring table? What's the bar situation?
And the same thing happens every time.
We end up finding people we know, we end up talking to drunk businessmen and we end up spending the entire evening making fun of strangers.
Or Vansmack, although I don't know if he'll be attending this particular soiree.
In addition to me having no idea what type of business I'm supposed to be discussing with these people, the prospect of dining on a moving boat ups my chances for, well...eating it.
Needless to say, I'm in flats.
But I'm mentally preparing myself to watch my step, hold onto handrails and drink a lot of water. Because really, when I ask myself what the worst case scenario could be, it involves someone throwing "Melissa's friend" a flotation device as the captain radios the Coast Guard...

6 comments:

Becky said...

Yeah, but if you fell over board, think about how good of a blog that would be. Plus, I am sure Mel would jump in and save you.

Be_Devine said...

Hopefuly the squad from DDD won't be onboard. I know who would end up overboard if they were, and it's not Beth.

Sweet Melissa said...

No worries, Bethy. I'll share my piece of wood with you.

"I'll never let go, Jack."
-Melissa quoting Chris Jackson

vansmack said...

Sorry love, but the employer has lined some one else up for the boat sioree this evening. You'll have to find someone else to make fun of this evening, though I'll miss being the object of your, um, we'll cal it affection?

L'Italiana said...

I'm not really sure whose piece of wood you're talking about Missus Mel...Care to clarify?!

Sweet Melissa said...

As Beth would say: "SIIICK!!!"