Tuesday, May 06, 2008

what? too soon?

Kelsey, Alex and I made a big dinner last night, sitting around and playing with our food while watching The Patriot.
The Patriot is one of those movies that comes on basic cable at 10am on a Sunday morning and I get really excited. Actually, ideally there's be The Patriot on like, TBS and something equally cheesy on USA, like Father of the Bride, so I could flip back and forth during the commercials.
Christ, Melissa and I hung out in our hotel room all morning watching American Pie 57 and were in hysterics. But that's just between us. I mean, really. How embarassing.
Anyway, I've loved The Patriot for years. I own it on VHS! But something about it is different for me now.
Yep. You guessed it. Heath Ledger.
The whole drooling after Gabriel and his wide-eyed passion for freedom is kinda ruined now that he's, you know, dead. It's a little like watching Superman. I can't really get into it because I keep thinking, "Look at him walking around. Wow. Weird."
Anyway, I hope nothing happens to Daniel Day Lewis because Last of the Mohicans is my life.
Which brings me to the Joke of the Day, courtesy of my super classy brother:
What's the difference between Heath Ledger and Heath Ledger jokes?
Heath Ledger jokes get old...

4 comments:

Generic said...

"No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you!"

Spots said...

That whole scene is my third favorite.
1: The make-out sesh at the fort.
2: Duncan getting burned alive.
3: The glory of the goodbye scene. (Um, they were apart for like, 15 minutes.) Okay, but the best part of that whole speech was "You submit, do you hear?!?! You stay alive, no matter what occurs!"
He's totally talking about rape...

Becky said...

Too soon Beth, too soon.

Anonymous said...

I love it when Alice jumps off the cliff.