Sunday, May 25, 2008

i won't be handling this well...

According to M&R:
It's official - the invites are in the mail. (Shit.)
San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom and Jennifer Siebel plan to tie the knot at the bride's family ranch in Montana's Bitterroot River valley on July 26. (I now have plans the weekend of July 26th.)
"It's going to be a very natural, Big Sky-type of event," said Stanlee Gatti, a longtime Newsom friend and best man at the mayor's first wedding who is planning the nuptial event.
The 250 wedding guests are being encouraged to book the weekend early, as there are limited options for flights and accommodations in the valley southwest of Missoula. (Although, as the invite notes, the nearby Hamilton airport can handle private or charter flights.)
(This just makes me want to stand on the tarmac giving all of the arriving private jets the finger.)
As for why politician Newsom and actress Siebel would choose to get married so far away from the TV lights and cameras:
"It's always been her dream to be married at the ranch," Gatti said. "It has always been a very special place for her."
(Jesus Christ.)
Just to get things rolling, Sen. Dianne Feinstein and hubby Richard Blum hosted a wedding shower for the couple Saturday night at their Pacific Heights digs.
I just threw up all over the computer, the walls, myself.
I'll do something for the Culture Blog once I recover from the initial horror, but right now, it's 7 in the morning, I'm slightly hung over from Eve's party, I have to go to work and I just read this shit. This is a memorial weekend for my dead happiness...

11 comments:

Sam said...

my condolences, beth

Becky said...

ah, that crazy thing called love...

Fabian said...

Yeah, I read this last night and knew you weren't going to take it well :(

greg said...

her dad's the one paying for those anti meth ads up in montana. they are actually pretty good.

fortunately I will be far far away with 100,000+ comic and sci fi nerds in San Diego while Gav and Jen have their big day....

L'Italiana said...

Hey, Bethy...Whatcha stressing about? Give it 9 months - 1 year, tops, and he'll be back on the market. Just think of it this way: it buys you time to enjoy your youth whilst he gets over being with blondes...

Sweet Melissa said...

That clip was priceless!

Looks like we're gonna need some scotch and mashed potatoes...

cookiecrumb said...

Oh, I can see it now: Prairie Oyster Sushi. No thanks, Stanlee. I'm stayin' home.
OTOH: Scotch and mashed potatoes? Sign me up.

sfmike said...

Who would have a queen like Stanlee Gatti as his best man at a heterosexual wedding? That's just plain weird.

And why wasn't I invited to be hungover from Eve's party? I'm officially in a junior high school girl huff.

Plus, while you were all wallowing in Memorial Day boozing, I was out playing boy reporter and actually got photos of the Hells Angels who ended up in a giant turf war/murder spree on your Mill Valley, Marin County turf. Get to work, girl. It's the only way out of heartbreak.

Anonymous said...

Not very green of her making everyone travel to MT...but it's her "dream". Who is she empowering by burning tons of jet fuel? Maybe Molly Simms and Daphne Zuniga will be in the wedding party. It's the D-list event of the summer. He's only getting hitched to up his chances for higher office. When the campaign fails...so will the marriage. Don't worry Beth, he will be back to the old messy Gavin soon.

DJTennessee said...

My exotic dancer friends tell me that Missoula, MT has one of the highest strip-clubs-per-capita rate of any American city.

That's gonna be one hell of a bachelor party!

Jen said...

Hi guys,

This is a dream come true for me, so thanks for all your support.

I know some of you think that Gavin will stray on me, but he's not like that. He's such a sweet, caring man who loves only one woman.

Best,
Jen

whatsnewwithjen@jennifersiebel.com